If you are like me, sometimes you start to feel like magick can seem a bit…selfish. And if your spells are working out amazing like mine have been (especially recently!), then maybe you start to feel like you need to do more with your gifts.
Either that, or maybe you just want to balance out another spell, or hopefully grant you some good karma points (careful with this one).
Either way, here’s a wonderful spell to get you going.
My honest review on this: I honestly didn’t expect the results this spell gave me. Seriously, I am shocked.
Let me start off with a little back story. And by a little, yes, I mean a little.
I decided to do this spell because I’ve been feeling…well, weird. I’ve come to find out that it’s because every time I do magick, I never seem to do it for others. So, I went through a giant spell book I bought a while ago and find out that there is basically none that is just used for someone else. I like making people happy, okay?
So when a close friend of mine with clinical depression has been in a very dark mood that even I could feel, I decided now was worth a shot.
Let me just say, I really didn’t expect the results. I’ll go over them with you later, but in the meantime here is the spell!
~ ~ ~
Use: Its’ main purpose is to bring happiness, positive energy, and even some good luck to your target.
- A jar is preferred. (Don’t have a jar? Use a cup, empty bottle, or even an empty water bottle. It must have a lid. You can also seal it with foil, cloth, plastic wrap, etc and wrap a rubber band/ponytail holder around it to seal it)
- Water. Can be tap water (I used) or rainwater/river water/lake water, etc. The water you collected yourself is always best.
- Things you collected, such as flowers, flower petals, sticks, sand, soil, grass, etc. I used grass and flowers.
- Pen or marker (NO pencil)
- Crystals (optional)
- A sigil (this is a sigil that you make yourself. In the future, I may be adding a sigil that you can use and will post it on here.)
Note: Need help making a sigil? Use this link to learn how.
- On a piece of paper, use a marker or pen to draw your sigil in a circle (doesn’t have to be perfect). The paper can be full-sized or you can tear off a corner piece, depending on the size of your jar or cup. For me, I used a full-sized paper.
- Below the sigil write, “Happiness and positive energy is sent to [insert name].”
- As you imagine your energy entering the sigil and activating it, as well as the outcome, keep folding the paper until you get it to your desired size. Every time you fold, chant, “Send happiness and positive energy to [insert name] and in no harm, this is my will so mote it be.” For me, I ended up saying it about 4-5 times.
- Put the paper inside your jar, alongside the items you have found, such as flowers. Next, fill the jar about halfway with water.
- Repeat the chant once, three times, or however much you wish: “Send happiness and positive energy to [insert name] and in no harm, this is my will, so mote it be.”
- Seal the jar. Place it in a dark place where others are unlikely to touch, and where you will most likely not touch either. Optional but recommended: Place near crystals. For me, I had put it in a backpack pocket with crystals, however, the jar ended up leaking and smelling (yet it still worked).
Effects and Outcomes:
Naturally, a jar with these ingredients can easily start to stink, yet the weird thing is sometimes it doesn’t at all, and sometimes it smells an abnormal amount.
The jar also absorbs a lot of negative energy, which can make it smell even more. Note that the jar will always have a nasty scent due to it’s contents, however usually when you can smell it protruding from the sealed jar, or in some cases if you even smell it wherever you go (or the person does), then dump the water out (or some) but leave the sigil and its contents in. It still works even after this. In fact, you can also add more water.
If you smell it wherever you go when you aren’t even around the jar, that usually means the spell isn’t working properly. Of course, wash yourself to double-check, but if you haven’t touched or gone anywhere near it and still smell it and it won’t seem to go away, this is a sign that it is not working.
Usually, when a spell doesn’t work, it can show it isn’t working in one way: Through bad luck. Chances are you would have bad luck, but it’s also possible that the person you are targeting will have bad luck, so keep an eye on them.
If you need to reverse the spell, simply dump the water out and throw the sigil and it’s contents away, in your mind stating the spell is done and reversed.
Sometimes, it just wasn’t the right time to cast the spell, and other times it means you didn’t direct the energy well enough/weren’t focusing enough. That doesn’t necessarily mean the spell doesn’t work. For example, I have done another jar spell on average 5 times, and out of those five times only once did it not work on me.
The spell can be done at any time. For me, I did it shortly after the full moon and at night.
Don’t try to worry about getting everything perfect, otherwise you end up just messing the spell up because you can’t properly direct your energy to the target.
It’s ok to touch the jar and look over it every once in awhile, but try to keep it out of sight and forget about it.
Make sure that the entire time you do the spell, you are focusing on your energy and directing it to the person you are targeting, and also imagining what you desire (in this case, the person being happy and positive).
I ended up getting a shocking result from this spell.
Within 24 hours of casting, my friend ended up meeting a couple of people and getting free tickets to a show and said she not only had the best time of her life but has never before felt so included with a group of people.
In addition, she also seemed to get some good luck because she ended up finding a lot of things that went missing, like her favorite eyeliner, her lost debit card, etc.
She had texted me the day after I cast the jar spell and told me that she was so happy and didn’t expect my spell to work this well on her. Hell, neither did I! The spell’s effects seem to still be working (it is day 3-4 now and the jar has been disposed of after leaking).
Of course, this does not cure her clinical depression, but it does help boost her and has even helped her become more motivated and look forward to life. I definitely call that a win.
In return, I feel like I have even got some good luck as well. Nothing major, but either way I am happy. Not sure if that was from the spell or not though. I cast another spell to try to prolong the effects, which I will share with you soon.
So that’s it! If you tried out this spell, why don’t you tell me what you think in the comments below?
Get access to my…
- 71-page Book of Shadows Guide
- How to Create, Charge, and Cast a Spell Guide
- My Simple, Wish Manifestation Ritual